Thursday, March 5, 2009

We Went To The Farm!

The cow says "Moo"


The Horse says "neigh"

Only the farmers can feed the horses!

Today we went to Kline Creek Farm; it is a living-history farm depicting farm life as it was on this site and hundreds of others like it in 1890s DuPage County. My friends and I saw so many of the animals that I see in my books. I saw chickens and hens, horses, sheep and cows. My favorite animals are the sheep and cows. The sheep had baby lamb too! The farmer told us that the all of the lambs were born within the last week. They were soooo cute. One sheep came right up to me so I could pet him. I tried to pet a cow, but he did not want me too. I also played with some straw. I was so excited seeing the animals and I was surprised by some of the smells there too. Maybe they should wear diapers like me. Mommy and I were planning to have lunch with our friends at the picnic table but it was too windy. The farm is so close to our house and it is free so I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time there this summer!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey buddy, wait till Daddy gets a truck, we'll go to the farm all the time. I'm glad you got to enjoy some warm weather finally.